Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hiatus Schmiatus

I believe that my hiatus from SnarkCity was pretty well established, since I haven't written an entry since February the 22nd. But according to sources that I maintain have no authority on the matter whatsoever -- so what difference does it make? -- I'm not on hiatus until I post an entry that actually says "I'm on hiatus," the way our friend over at Boobs Radley just did. You can click the link, but she's on hiatus for god's sake.

I don't agree with this principle. I don't need to post just to say I'm stopping posting, so that all my blog friends can snarf up my comments telling me how awesome my blog was and to come back because their blogosphere is incomplete. They did that anyway. 50 Snarfs!

My unpublicized but thoroughly obvious hiatus is now over, though I don't promise you any more posts, because I don't blog about every god damn random thing and every haha-funny joke I hear. But mostly because I'll soon be off to a city that's best known for its Nazi riots and ICP's Juggalo Gathering, when they flooded our streets with Faygo and punched a police horse. I saved my congratulatory champagne for FluidFace and some other randos, because, well, I can't get drunk and sleep with any of you jerks. (Can't or won't? Probably both.)

So even though I'm now calling off this hiatus, it is not because of any of the following

- "You're not funny unless you blog," because that's clearly untrue: lots of people that blog aren't funny, and I'm hilarious blog or no blog!

- "Our blogging community has a hole in its heart that can only be filled by you." Swag isn't sure what a heart is, no matter what he tells you, because he's never actually had one.

- Rufio is bored

I am happy to be back, though.

6 comments:

Gasface said...

Welcome back!

snarkcity said...

thanks!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about you and your wonderful self for many years now, you dear girl.
I love you I love you I love you.
I really do. :)

snarkcity said...

how many years?

Anonymous said...

Hmm..., I would say about 3 or 4 years (on Live Journal).
Many times I thought to write and tell you how wonderful I think you are. I think the world of you and your writing.
Seriously. Like big time. :)

snarkcity said...

haha, well, that's awfully nice -- thanks, i appreciate it.